Department: Tech Department
Title: Service and Installation Technician
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Posting Date: October 6, 2020
Posting Expiration: Until position is filled
Here we GROW again! CFS Canada is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a SERVICE AND INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN!
Our top values include: Teamwork, Adaptability, Communication and Customer Service
We are excited to be looking for an individual to join The CFS Canada family at our Head Office in Ottawa Ontario.
We are eager to find someone who is professional and customer service minded to seize this opportunity to become an experienced Service and Installation Technician. This is an opening to learn and grow with a team of dedicated, fun and down to earth professionals.
We are looking for candidates who are experienced and skilled with hand and power tools in order to assist their learning towards installing and servicing our mechanical and automatic door hardware. Regardless of the type of industry experience you have, we want to hear from you to discuss how your abilities and experience can be applied to our industry and trade. We offer you the chance to broaden your skill sets and gain valuable experience to help enhance your marketability and advance your career. No two career paths are the same. We offer growth and believe in promoting within our Organization.
All technicians are mobile, they execute installations and perform service on automatic door operators, automatic sliding doors, manual & mechanical swing doors including the accessories that accompany each type of equipment.
Is the basis and foundation of everything we have accomplished. A full understanding and daily implementation of customer service is priority #1 within our company.
WHAT DO WE DO?
We provide commercial and institutional properties (new builds & retrofits) with the integration of door hardware and entrance automation. Our primary focus is product supply, service, repair and installation for automatic door and barrier-free applications. If you are looking for a new challenge in a well-established, fun and exciting company, then we are interested in meeting you. We have a great understanding and relationships within the industry we serve. We culture an environment that rewards excellence and hard work. We are an established Ontario based firm that has multiple Ontario offices, this role is to be filled at our Ottawa head office. We offer an environment that is easy to excel in and that offers multiple avenues for growth.
OUR MATERIALS INCLUDE
- Automatic door operators and accessories
- Electronic door hardware
- Automatic sliding doors
- Doors, frames and door hardware components
- Service and maintenance agreements
- Automatic door sensors
INCLUDED IN OUR INSTALLATION & SERVICE
- Automatic swing door operators
- Automatic sliding door assemblies
- Access control
- Mechanical door hardware
- Electronic door hardware (low voltage)
- Doors & frames
- Sensors and revolvers
DO WE OFFER TRAINING?
We will dedicate as many resources as possible to ensure a successful transition into our industry and company. Our industry does not have regulated accredited schooling or institutional certification, all training is provided in house. Training will be provided directly by CFS Canada and our partners of manufacturers. You will shadow our crew trainers and learn in a controlled environment in our training center and on job sites, hands-on. We do not expect to be training anyone on the fundamentals of customer service and hand and power tools. We require each candidate to come prepared with these standard abilities. As a member of the team, you will have continual and equal opportunity to participate in training programs offered in house and by manufacturers or institutions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in operating hand and power tools is a must
- Can absorb our thorough training quickly and efficiently to become an independent technician.
- Quickly transition to working in the field independently with the use of a company vehicle
- Experienced cabling through a conduit (asset)
- Familiar with wire stripping, connections and termination
- Knowledgeable with wire control functionality with logic relays and command signals
- Installation and service experience (in any industry)
- Be able to work cooperatively and communicate exceptionally well in both written and oral capacities
- Possess the physical ability to continuously lift & bend, climb ladders, work on knees for extended periods of time
- Have a good mechanical ability and know-how to read and understand written installation instructions
- Able to replace electro-mechanical parts and devices
- Understand basic low voltage electrical wiring drawings and logic relays
- Carpenter background (asset)
- Maintain and build on the CFS Canada brand
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Clean driver’s abstract: You must have a valid G license, in addition, you must be insurable on our fleet auto insurance with no additional cost to the company due to your previous driving record
- Proficient in operating hand and power tools is a must
- A minimum lifting requirement of 75 lbs on a regular basis is to be expected and it is understood that all candidates are capable of this regular lifting.
- Must always present yourself in a courteous and professional manner
- Daily communication with our customers and project stakeholders
- Fluency in English is a must
- Bilingualism is considered a major asset
HOURS OF WORK
The regular hours are 07:30h to 16:30h, however as a mobile technician you will be required at times to work evenings, weekends, and execute emergency after-hours calls to our clients. Adjusting our working hours to the client’s retail hours and availability is a necessary accommodation for this role
Expect to be working in a fast-paced environment that is physically demanding
Overnight stay and travel should be expected from time to time to access service locations that are not within reasonable and/or safe travel distances. There is also the possibility of travel to other provinces for periods of time
- All received applications are reviewed by the company Human Resources Department
- Candidates who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a telephone screening as a pre-qualification
- Qualifying candidates will then be invited to an in-person interview
- We appreciate all applications received, however, please be advised that only those candidates selected for the next stage of the hiring process will be contacted
CFS Canada offers an extensive competitive benefits package to all employees upon completion of 6 months of continuous employment (Extended Health and Dental), which includes:
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Health care spending account
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
The company also offers a Group Savings Plan (RRSP) that employees are free to join at any time. In addition, we offer employer-matched contributions after 2 years of continuous employment.
Starting salary will be based on the candidate’s level of experience at the time of hire.
Upon successful completion of the standard training period, a salary review for the position will be conducted at which time the employee’s salary may be adjusted.
Eligibility for salary increase is directly determined by the employee’s own demonstrated abilities. Salary reviews and increases are generally only implemented during our annual reviews in the beginning of the year. All CFS salary increases are at the sole discretion of CFS.
We are an equal opportunity employer! We are a progressive company and embrace diversity! CFS Canada is a fully accessible facility. We welcome all applicants. If you require accommodations, please notify us. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Response to Covid-19: CFS has implemented office and job site safety protocols based on the guidelines from Public Health and other Health & Safety leaders in the construction industry. Our extensive protocols ensure the safety of our teams and guests. For more information on how you will be protected during the interview process, please inquire during the screening portion of our interview process.