Department: Customer Service/Client Success
Title: Project Coordinator
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2021
Posting Expiration: Until the position is filled
Here we GROW again! CFS Canada is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a PROJECT COORDINATOR!
Our top values include: Teamwork, Adaptability, Communication and Customer Service
If you are looking for a new challenge in a well-established, fun, and exciting company, then we are interested in meeting you. We have a great understanding and relationships within the industry we serve. We culture an environment that rewards excellence and hard work. We are an established Ontario-based firm that has multiple Ontario offices, this role is to be filled at our Ottawa head office. We offer an environment that is easy to excel in and that offers multiple avenues for growth
WHAT DO WE DO?
We provide commercial and institutional properties (new builds & retrofits) with the integration of door hardware and entrance automation. Our primary focus is product supply, service, repair and installation for automatic door and barrier-free applications. If you are looking for a new challenge in a well-established, fun and exciting company, then we are interested in meeting you. We have a great understanding and relationships within the industry we serve. We culture an environment that rewards excellence and hard work. We are an established Ontario based firm that has multiple Ontario offices, this role is to be filled at our Ottawa head office. We offer an environment that is easy to excel in and that offers multiple avenues for growth.
OUR MATERIALS INCLUDE
- Automatic door operators and accessories
- Electronic door hardware
- Automatic sliding doors
- Doors, frames, and door hardware components
- Service and maintenance agreements
- Automatic door sensors
Is the basis and foundation of everything we have accomplished. You will be demonstrating customer service to engage new and existing clients, gain the respect and trust of site contacts, site trades, and Foremen. A full understanding and daily implementation of customer service is priority #1 within our company.
WHO WOULD BE BEST SUITED FOR THIS POSITION?
We’re looking for an energetic and engaging individual. The candidate must possess an above-average ability to execute exceptional customer service. Although previous experience and technical understanding of our industry is a definite asset, it is not a requirement as training and shadowing will be provided by staff and management. This position also requires a candidate who is highly organized and can communicate and report on a high level.
DO WE OFFER TRAINING?
We will dedicate as many resources as possible to ensure a successful transition into our industry and company. Our industry does not have regular accredited schooling or institutional certification, all training is provided in house. However, we do not expect to be training anyone on the fundamentals of customer service and Microsoft Suite software.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON A DAILY BASIS?
As the Project Coordinator, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of your project. Project Coordinators work with our technicians to clarify the scope of work and to assist in any site discrepancies. Ensuring your team is prepared and has the appropriate tools to be successful is required on a daily basis. Ensuring that the scope and direction of each project remains on schedule is the successful candidates’ responsibility. Several other departments within our organization will be available for support.
Types of projects and work include:
- Long term projects (as large as yearlong installations)
- Short term projects (as small as 1-day installations)
Position Summary and Core Responsibilities: As the Project Coordinator, your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Lead the planning and implementation of project
Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
Define and allocate project tasks and resource requirements
Develop full scale project execution plans
Manage pre-determined project budget
Manage project resources
Schedule project timelines to align with customer and constructor requirements • Track project deliverables
Provide direction and support to Installation & Service Team
Quality assurance & quality control
Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
Implement and manage project changes
*On occasion, overtime and irregular work hours may be required in order to meet the operational needs of the business*
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company commercial fleet auto insurance (required)
- 1 to 2 years project previous coordination experience or equivalent working experience (considered an asset)
- Bilingualism (preferred)
- Attention to Detail: Your reporting details and ability to detect minor but influential details will be a daily requirement
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, constructors, customers, and management, often on multiple levels and on multiple projects
- Tracking and Budgeting: Project coordinators are expected to keep and maintain a budget on every project, budgetary hours are of the utmost expectation
- Software Ability: Exceptional abilities to work within Outlook, MS Office Suite in a Windows based environment
- Organization Skills: You will be working on numerous multi-tiered and single-tiered projects, maintaining an organized work plan and tracking system will be required in order to maintain current knowledge of all projects in progress including being well prepared for the projects in the immediate future.
- All received applications are reviewed by the company Human Resources
- A candidate who meets the initial qualifications will be contacted for a telephone conversation which is the first step of the screening process
- Qualifying candidates will then be invited to an in-person interview
CFS offers an extensive competitive benefits package to all employees upon completion of 6 months of continuous employment (Extended Health and Dental). The company also offers a Group Savings Plan (RRSP) that employees are free to join at any time. Eligibility for employer-matched contributions comes into effect after 2 years of continuous employment.
This position is open to both entry-level and experienced candidates!
Starting salary will be negotiated and based on the candidate’s level of experience at the time of hire. Upon successful completion of the standard training period, a salary review for the position will be conducted at which time the employee’s salary may be adjusted. Eligibility for a salary increase is directly determined by the employee’s own demonstrated abilities. All CFS’s salary increases are at the discretion of CFS guidelines.
We appreciate all applications received, however, please be advised that only those candidates selected for the next stage of the hiring process will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer! We are a progressive company and embrace diversity! CFS Canada is a fully accessible facility. We welcome all applicants. If you require accommodations please notify us. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.